On the surface, this isn't strictly a horror-inspired dish, but when you pair it with other spooky foods and a scary setting, it really works well. It's especially easy if you make the Blood Shakes we featured previously too, as it has the same strawberry sanguine sauce. You can find the sauce guide here: Blood Shakes in Syringes. Alternatively, you can just make the simple strawberry only version from the following guide.
Recipe and how-to guide after the cut below↓
You will need:
- Quartered strawberries
- Jus Rol filo pastry sheets
1. Blend all but 4 of the whole strawberries and add a tablespoon of agave nectar or honey to make the sauce. Put it to one side.
2. After dusting the counter with flour, put a small amount of sauce and a strawberry (cut into quarters) in the middle of a sheet of filo.
3. Fold each corner of the filo over into the centre of the pastry square.
4. Take another sheet of pastry and pull all the corners together gently. Then twist the top around and pinch it together at the base, to create a fountain shape for the sauce to run down.
5. Baste with egg wash or cooking spread and cook for 15-20 minutes. They will have a golden brown colour when ready.
6. Serve with the strawberry sauce, ensuring to pour it in the centre, allowing it to spill down naturally like a fountain. You can either solve them cold or hot.