Friday 25 March 2011

Books : The Strain Trilogy, by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan

Hello there little monsters~!
Since someone on twitter requested book entries, and I had thought about this one for a long time, today I bring you a post about one of the last books I've read and truly enjoyed!
It's been cowritten by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan and its title is The Strain (Nocturna in Spanish) .

This is the first book of a vampire trilogy, that luckily, has nothing to do with these sparkling vampires that people seem to like nowadays...
In fact, the main vampire reminds me of the old ones like Nosferatu; that's what I call a real creature of the night!!!
Personal thoughts aside, I think you should all give it a try!
To sumarize it a little bit, the book begins with a plane landing at the airport but no-one gets out of it, there are no lights inside, and there's not a single noise either coming from the plane. All the doors and windows are locked. Then, the protagonist, Ephrain, goes to the crime scene to investigate the mysterious plane... and if you want to find about the rest, you will have to start reading :P!

To find out more about this trilogy, visit its official website http://www.thestraintrilogy.com/.
There you can also see the second book is already available for pre-order. It'll be released in September this year, and I personally can't wait for it!

If you've been looking for new quality vampire books, I guess this is your chance ;)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...