Wednesday 9 February 2011

Commercials & Advertising: General Mills Monster Cereals

Monster Cereals! (Photo by moomoobloo)
Another post about ads; this time, General Mills' monster cereals! Since I was only in the US between 6 weeks and 4 years old, I never got to have these, but I -have- seen the adverts, which are cheesy and cute! Why don't we have horror-themed cereals in the UK?!  *sad face* It's not made by General Mills, but I guess we have Sugar Puffs with the Honey Monster as their mascot. He's fairly weird and scary!

Tell 'em about the Honey, Mummy!

The General Mills monster cereals were/are:

Count Chocula
(Vampire voiced by Larry Kenney doing a Bela Lugosi impersonation)
Count Chocula box, photo by amoebafinger

Franken Berry
(Monster voiced by Bob McFadden doing a Boris Karloff impersonation)
Franken Berry box, photo by amoebafinger

Boo Berry
(Ghost voiced by Paul Frees doing a Peter Lorre impersonation)
Boo Berry box, photo by Roadsidepictures

Fruity Yummy Mummy
(Mummy)
Fruity Yummy Mummy makes your tummy go yummy! Heh hehheh!

Fruit Brute
(Werewolf)
Fruit Brute, with the hoooowling good taste of fruit!

I don't know who voiced Fruity Yummy Mummy or Fruit Brute, but whoever did FYM sounds like Wednesday 13 (or rather, he sounds like them)...Heh heh heh! Videos are after the cut. I've even included a Sugar Puffs commercial for you, because even though I don't like the product, the Honey Monster is my friend!
(Oh, and before you tell me how bad for children these cereals are and that they shouldn't be promoting them to children, you should know that a) I don't care, b) I assume children don't buy their own cereal, so it doesn't matter and, c) there are far worse things for you to worry about than sugary breakfasts, trust me.)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...